Good morning!!!!! Remember my tribune co-worker, Luke? Well, he’s back for a guest post today giving you his sprint training routine. I know some of my readers do not enjoy the workout posts but today this one is for the male readers! Ladies, this is a fantastic workout don’t skip this post just because it’s dedicated to the male readers.
Here is his awesome “Kanye style” workout plan:
I’m sure we are all sick of the jogging routines we’ve been living on to get through the season. Here’s how I do it. So, ok, not Kanye’s plan, but this little secret is a gem for those who HATE the treadmill. Can’t run a mile? Who cares, you can if you do it this way, and you’ll build more muscle and burn more fat in the process. How? Sprint Training, and it’s not that bad.
Here’s the routine:
- Set the treadmill on a medium walk and level 1 incline. Walk for 1 minute.
- Push the speed up to a medium jog for 1 minute.
- Push it as fast as you can for 30 seconds (SPRINT).
- Then step off, and turn it back down to walking speed, and start walking again after 30 seconds and bump the incline up to 3.
- Continue this until you hit one mile, raising the incline a notch or 3 each time, that’s up to you!
- I usually end up right about at my training mile pace.
Thanks for your workout plan Luke! When are you going to take me to the gym and kick my ass???
Luke and I at happy hour last year Just because summer is coming to a close doesn’t mean you can stop caring about your body because your not in a bathing suit as often. Keep it up! Besides, you want to always look your best- when you look good, you feel good!!!!!!!
Try this awesome workout and let me know how it goes!
Have a great day!