I have received your emails with questions/concerns regarding weight loss, dieting tips, recipes, products and more. Each week I am going to do a feature post answering your questions! I hope this helps all my readers who may be struggling with their weight or want some new ideas in the kitchen. I am so excited for this feature post, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do
I have lost 10 lbs this past month and I’m very happy with my progress. However, I do great during the day and then ruin all my hard work at night. Since I’ve graduated from college I’ve always struggled with late night eating. When I can’t fall asleep, I eat! I’ve tried everything to stop the late night munching but I just can’t help it. Do you have any tips that can help me with my terrible habit??
Late night munchies
Dear Late night munchies,
That’s awesome you lost 10 lbs! You deserve a pat on the back! I totally know how you feel when it comes to late night eating. It is definitely a struggle that is very common among us all! Here are my suggestions to fight the late night munchies…
- Eat three meals/day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A majority of people who binge at night are those who deprive themselves during the day or don’t eat balanced meals. Make sure you eat a balanced dinner with a combination of protein, veggies, and whole grains.
- Brush your teeth after dinner, OR if you own a retainer wear it! This will remind you, you’re done eating for the night.
- Drink! When most people think they are hungry, they are actually thirsty. Sip on some water or decaf green tea.
- Keep yourself busy. If you are hungry then do something to get your mind off food; read a book, online shop, organize your closet. Anything BUT the kitchen!!!!!!!!
- Reward yourself. For example: If you don’t eat after 9pm, then reward yourself with a great breakfast the next morning. This will give you something to look forward to so you’re not depriving yourself.
I hope these tips help you combat the late night munchies. If you slip up on your good eating habits don’t stress, start over the next day. Keep up the good work and remember when you look good, you feel good!!!!!
All the best, Newtritionista
Questions? Advice? Concerns? Contact me at Newtritionista@Newtritionblog.com!
I’m not a Registered Dietitian (RD). My posts are based on my own personal knowledge and experience. For a professional opinion, please contact a Registered Dietitian.