I’ve been posting a lot of frittata recipes lately because it’s J’s favorite. He loves the combination of egg whites with greens, cheese, and some kind of protein. Isn’t my man so healthy?! This frittata is very filling, if you make this for two you will definitely have leftovers.
Chicken Sausage Egg White Frittata
- 1-16oz carton of egg whites
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 chicken sausage links (I used TJ’s brand)
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a heavy, ovenproof 10-inch skillet, heat oil for 30 seconds. Add sausage and cook for 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, sausage, spinach, cheese, and salt & pepper to taste. Pour into baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
4. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and you can see the cheese oozing out. Optional: Broil the last 2 minutes of cooking.