I have yet to blog in August, WTF. I’ve been such a busy lady and it’s not okay that I’ve neglected my readers. It’s been a struggle for me to balance my full time job, my blog, personal life, social life, and everything in between. The weather has FINALLY been gorgeous so I’ve been spending most of my time getting my tan on, either at the pool or on a friends boat. I know…rough life. I really hope it stays this way through September, fingers crossed!
On another note, I’m moving on Friday! I’m not moving far, just 4 blocks from where I live now. I’m so excited for my new place and to build a new home. Packing is my worst nightmare. I seriously don’t know what to do about it. I’ve spent more time pacing around my place then I have actually packing. I have more stuff than I can deal with. Of course I’ve done a great job procrastinating, I move in 3 days. Does anyone have any packing tips? I could really use some!
I made these a couple of weeks ago and they turned out awesome. When I grill vegetables I keep it simple- olive oil, salt & pepper. When I grill small vegetables, I use a grill basket. It makes the process so much easier and I don’t have to worry about anything falling in the grill. I got mine from Target but you can get them anywhere and they are pretty inexpensive.
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2-1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2-1teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Clean the sprouts. Trim the cut ends back without interferring with the leaves, and peel any nasty looking leaves off the bulb.
- Place the sprouts in boiling, salted water for no more than five minutes. NO MORE!
- Drain, drizzle with oil and toss in a bowl with the salt and pepper.
- When the sprouts are nice and coated, place on a hot grill, turning every few minutes. I like mine extra crispy.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot.