Having natural style and beauty comes from within. I feel that it’s all about how you take care of yourself and your body with the foods you eat, the products you use, and your mental state of mind. I sometimes like to think of my body as a well oiled machine, I need to give it the best nutrients and keep it strong every single day. As important as it is to take care of your body on the inside, it’s just as important on the outside. Below are my #AllNaturalStyleSecrets that help me be the best I can be.
1) I try to avoid processed foods at all costs. The thought of putting that garbage in my body grosses me out and I can barely read the ingredients on the labels. I try to eat as organically as possible and choose brands that are made with all natural ingredients. I always purchase organic meat, that is something I will never change.
2) I workout out 3-4 days a week (depending on my schedule). This is a great way to relieve any stress that’s going on in my life. This is also the one hour I take to focus on myself and make it all about me. I like to challenge my body and push my limits. The workouts I do are very challenging, but that’s the only way I’m able to see results. It feels really good when my clothes fit me better. It makes me feel more confident and that my hard work is paying off.
3) No matter what I’m doing or where I am, I always moisturize. It’s super important to keep skin as hydrated as possible. I started using Seventh Generation Skin Serum and I am in love with the Revitalizing Boost Serum. I mix it in with my moisturizer. It’s become a great addition to my skincare routine to prevent and treat fine lines. One of the best features, it won’t clog pores! YAY! This is a plant based formula, so I know I’m not allowing any harsh chemicals to seep in my skin. Seventh Generation has a line of 6 skin boosting serums and are sold at your nearest Walgreens!
4) As I’ve mentioned before, I take extremely good care of my hair. I don’t use any heat on my hair during the week and it’s helped my hair grow faster and stronger. I’m not even kidding, my hair has gotten so long! I only wash my hair twice a week to avoid dryness since my hair is color treated. My current favorite hair products are Bumble and Bumble Seaweed Shampoo, Kerastase Lait Vital Conditioner, Moroccan Oil Hair Mask (once a week), Kerastase Elixir Oil, and It’s a 10 Miracle Leave In Product. I purchase most of these products on Amazon since they can be less expensive on there.
5) I have a very simple style. I like to wear basics and pair them with something bold such as a colorful blazer, statement jewelry, or bag. I like to build my outfits either around the statement piece or start with a basic and build around that. Whatever it is, I always find that when I try really hard it never turns out the way I want. When I throw together an impromptu outfit, it always ends up working out. I have the hardest time dressing for in between weather where it’s too warm to wear a jacket but chill enough to wear long sleeves. Lately, I’ve been doing lots of layering to make sure I’m prepared for all weather!
Disclosure: I received a free sample of this product from Lucky and Seventh Generation for use in connection with this blog.